As you know, choosing the right infrastructure to manage your data is an essential ingredient to your success as an IT director and to the business. You may be still weighing your options for transitioning to the cloud or upgrading your existing cloud services because of lingering security issues or concerns over legacy application availability. If this is you, then here are some of the many benefits that the cloud offers to help you make that decision.
Top 10 Benefits of the Cloud:
Besides the fact that 82% of companies reportedly saved money by moving to the cloud; 80% of IT budgets used for routine maintenance was reduced through cloud. To emphasize the point, a recent IDG studyfound a majority of the 1,672 respondents – executives involved in at least one stage of the IT purchasing process – said the cloud has helped their company improve innovation and collaboration. Need further convincing? Here are the top ten cloud benefits:
- Economies of scale. You’ll see a real-time increase in productivity with less staff. Plus more and more organizations are outsourcing their workload deployments to the cloud because of budget-friendliness and ease of use.
- Less cost of IT infrastructure. The cloud’s scalability and easy access allows you to adjust your spending and budget. With the pay-as-you-go option, you only pay for what you use based on demand.
- Anywhere, anytime access. The cloud provides safe and secure access to information as long as there’s an internet connection.
- Streamline processes. Cuts worktime and boosts the productivity of your staff.
- Reduce capital costs. Thanks to low startup investment, the cloud is being seen more and more as an operational investment than an expenditure.
- Improve accessibility. Access anytime, anywhere makes work that much easier.
- Monitor projects more effectively. Because of more efficient resource sharing, projects stay within budget and ahead of completion cycle times.
- Less personnel training is needed. It takes fewer people to do more work, with a minimal learning curve on hardware and software issues.
- Minimize licensing new software. Get more control over your software, such as when updates and features are installed.
- Improve flexibility. Since availability and reliability are not dependent on a vendor, you can change direction without serious “people” or “financial” issues at stake.
The upsides of adopting the cloud can outweigh any potential concerns that companies have about the technology. Many organizations choose a hybrid cloud solution because it offers greater flexibility, greater cost control, increased functionality where you need it, when you need it, and much lower risk. It’s also a great way to realize all the pluses of a public cloud while retaining the security of a private cloud.
CMA Technology Solutions can assist you in creating a strategy to make adopting the cloud much easier. And if you have already adopted cloud technologies, we can help you optimize your path going forward. We work with industry-leading partners like IBM to provide cloud services that deliver fully-integrated services to help your business realize its full capabilities across all digital channels.
To reach your long-term goals, contact us for further guidance on how we can help streamline your business processes and IT environment.